English| $ USD
Our trip went off very well. All the arrangements went off well. All the hotel locations were wonderful.
Some minor hiccups.
1. We were not aware of the "meet and greet" reception in Copenhagen. We found out about that from my niece, Panna. Our tour guide in Copenhagen, was just average. She should have introduced everyone with a name tag. None of us were informed ahead that we need to have an overnight bag packed from Copenhagen to Oslo ferry. So, we all had to scramble in the hotel lobby to repack. Wish that could have been notified ahead of time. We had all that morning to do that.
2. Our experience in Oslo was great! We could have used an extra day there to see certain places on the inside, like royal palace and such. Our tour guide was good. Our cruise journey was very good.
3. Our train journey from Oslo to Flam via Myrdal was great!! Again, hydrofoil journey from Flam to Bergen thru the fjords was wonderful. The fjords were breathtaking!! There is a new boat they have started in 2016 called Visions of Fjords to see the narrow fjords. We took that, next morning before leaving for Bergen.
4. We very much enjoyed our stay in Bergen. It rained a lot that afternoon in Bergen.
5. Our flight to Stockholm and our stay there went very well. Our tour guide was good. Once again, the overnight cruise journey to Helsinki was good.
6. Helsinki was nice. One day and one night stay there was plenty! Our tour guide was good.
7. Our train journey to St. Petersburg was comfortable. Our driver met us (the four of us) at the train station and took us directly to St. Isaac's church. Our tour guide there was very good and well informed. We thoroughly enjoyed our visit to St. Petersburg!! Incredibly beautiful!!! Visit to Peterhoff felt a little rushed since we had to get back to the city, eat lunch and go to train station.
Our friends the Mulgunds left for Moscow that afternoon. They left their camera behind in the car. The driver found it and contacted our Firebird logistics specialist. She called me and had it delivered to our hotel. That was great! We will forward it to them soon.
Our experience with Firebird tours was great! We would highly recommend your tour company to anyone interested in going to Scandinavia and Russia. We liked the small size of the group. Which other places/regions does your company do tours to? We are interested in going to Switzerland and northern Italy at a future date.