English| $ USD
The Epic Fjords & Seas of Norway with Ireland Discovery trip was truly fantastic. All of us really enjoyed it. Norway was just beautiful in all regards. I think we would all relate our top experiences on the trip as follows:
1) First for me was seeing the Polar Bear at the glacier in Svalbard. We encountered this on the excursion that was added at the last minute which was the evening glacier experience on the "better moments" excursion. In talking with other tourists in Svalbard, most all of them did not experience seeing a polar bear. We even went back to the glacier the next day on different excursion (which also included Pyramidian) and saw no polar bear. The better moments excursion was on a very small boat (maybe 10 people in total) that could get very close. So exciting. We watched the bear for a good 30 - 45 minutes. Also, I really enjoyed Svalbard in total as the kayaking was awesome, the ATV excursion was great and the beauty of the islands is so special. I would certainly go back there for a couple of days and add a hiking and camping adventure.
2) Next was on the last night of the Hurtigruten cruise we experienced the northern lights. So beautiful. The crew had told us that that night was the first time they had seem them this year.
3) The landscape and beauty of Norway from the fjords to beautiful Bergen, the train ride into Flam and so forth. Spectacular.
4) Of course the Red Hot Chili Peppers. They certainly never disappoint and put on one great performance that night.
5) Ireland - this country is so much different than Norway you can't do any comparison. We really enjoyed the nightlife of Dublin and seeing a number of the castles and cathedrals. Also we visited the Cliffs or Moher in the evening and had such a beautiful sunset.
So this was just an amazing trip which I was so fortunate to share with 2 of my children. Thank you so very much for being a part of this and planning so many adventures and ultimately memories that will always be with us.